Navimetric was founded in 1996 under the IDEA program. It was created by clinical technicians with extensive experience in research and development of biomedical systems, emerged as a spin-off of the Polytechnic University of Valencia. Bancaja prize was the best business project in 1997 and best company in 2000 IDEAS.
Navimetric has developed an intraoperative navigation system to assist the surgeon in different types of surgery.
Navimetric still committed each year by the generation of new needs to grow in the range of products to offer to their customers. Collaboration with universities allows us to achieve a highly innovative and pioneering position within the sector.
The system allows a preliminary analysis of the anatomy of the patient with advanced and friendly navigation tools. lt also supports simulations, calculations and addition of relevant information to be used by the Navigation Station during surgery.
• CT & MRI study storage.
• Approach planning.
• Semiautomatic CT/MRI merging. 3D reconstruction.
• Semiautomatic anatomical marks detection.
• Tissue segmentation.
The navigator established a spatial connection between the instruments and the diagnostic images. Thus, the surgeon can see in real time the relative position of surgical instruments on the patient’s images.
• Patient registration with or without external markers (facial recognition).
• Simultaneous display of several instruments.
• 3D infrared tracking system with passive wireless markers.
• Video input for real image inclusion (endoscope, microscope).